- Related posts
- Precautions and recommendations
Caminus S can be used for cooking in the open air. The stove provides you with everything you need for a comfortable experience of outdoor cooking. Its efficiency guarantees that your favorite delicious meals will be ready in no time.
The stove is equipped with all the necessary features for an enjoyable cooking experience. The spark arrestor increases the efficiency of the stove, evenly heats the cooking surface, and protects the outer layer of the tent from sparks. This way you don’t risk damaging your tent and can be sure of your safety.
Caminus S is equipped with 4 protective metal shields.. These shields protect users from accidentally touching hot surfaces. The lower shield protects the tent floor from heat, the side shields protect the tent wall behind stove from heat, and they also protect the ceramic plates during transportation and storage.
The coil type spark arrestor is built in the upper side of firebox. It splits the firebox into two areas. In the lower main section, there are burning and heat emission processes. The upper section is where the after-burning process occurs.
The main feature of the Caminus S stove is that the side walls are made from heat-resistant ceramic glass. This glass offers superior heat emission compared to conventional steel and also serves as an additional light source inside the tent. The working temperature of the glass reaches up to 1382° F. The transparent glass stove walls are convenient to maintain adequate levels of wood or briquettes inside the firebox.
The Caminus S stove is manufactured from several materials. The stove body is made from 0.04” thick high-tech stainless steel AISI 430. The heat-resistant glass is 0.16” thick and made in Germany. Areas of contact between the glass and metal are equipped with heat-resistant sealing. Sealing prevents smoke from getting inside the tent and prevents damage to the glass.
We have developed a sturdy wooden box for our stoves, which will ensure that the stove safely reaches the customer. Since the stove should meet strict safety requirements, it must retain its shape and not be subject to severe impact during shipping. The wooden box can also be used to transport the box to any camping site.
The stove package includes 2 additional metal plates of the same size as ceramic glass plates. These plates can be used instead of glass in case the glass is accidentally broken.
Heating the tent
Caminus S is an amazingly efficient stove, which will heat up your tent safely and effectively. The stove is an integral part of any winter camping getaway, it can serve as a source of heat and quickly warm up your tent.
Thanks to high quality materials and modern features, the Caminus S stove is easy to assemble and operate. For maximum efficiency, we recommend using it with smaller tent models.
Video reviews by bloggers
- Package dimensions: Width 11.7”; Length 21"; Height 13.0"
- Assembled dimensions: Width 13.39"; Length 19.29”; Height 20.08"
- Firebox size: Width 9.05”; Length 12.6”; Height 8.85"
- Smoke pipe diameter: 2.56”
- Length of one smoke pipe segment: 11.81”
- Materials: Stainless steel AISI 430, fire-resistant glass - 0.16" thickness
- Gross/Net weight: 25.2/28.6 lbs
Video review on the Ryan outdoors channel on YouTube. More than 5k subscribers!
🏕 How are RBM Caminus stoves different?
The Caminus S and M stoves are of the same model. However, their size and dimensions are different. When choosing a stove for your camping trip, pay attention to the size of the tent you plan on using the stove with. Caminus S is more suitable for smaller tents. If you need help choosing the right stove size for your tent, feel free to contact our customer support team.
📦 Is Caminus S a powerful stove?
Of course. In spite of its small size, Caminus S is a very efficient stove. Heat-resistent ceramic glass offers superior heat emission compared to conventional steel and its working temperature reaches up to 1112° F.
💡 Is the stove safe to use?
Product safety is and always will be our top priority. Caminus S is equipped with 4 protective metal shields that protect users from accidentally touching hot surfaces. As well as that, the coil type spark arrestor is built in the upper side of firebox. It increases the efficiency of the stove, evenly heats the cooking surface, and protects the outer layer of the tent from sparks. The stove package includes 2 additional metal plates of the same size as ceramic glass plates, which can be used instead of glass in case the glass is accidentally broken.
Stove - 1 piece
Smoke pipe segments - 7 pieces
Removable metal shields - 2 pieces
Spare metal shields - 2 pieces
Pair of gloves - 1 piece
Stove scoop - 1 piece
Carrier bag - 1 piece
User manual - 1 piece
Precautions and recommendations
- Do not use flammable liquids for ignition;
- Do not use coal, chipboard, laminate as fuel as they are toxic.
- Do not change the design of the stove and do not overheat it;
- Always check the air damper.
- Do not touch a red-hot stove without gloves;
- Do not dry shoes, personal things and equipment directly on the stove;
- Do not keep the firebox door open except when throwing firewood inside;
- Do not keep fuel in close to the stove;
- Installation of the stove without slopes and distortions will help to avoid deformation during operation;
- Uniform storing of firewood and air circulation will ensure a long burning time;
- Every 15-20 hours of operation, clean the chimney from soot.
- Use heat resistant mat and smoke detector;
- Make sure the tent is well ventilated.
- Do not close windows and entrances at the same time.
- We do not recommend loading Caminus stoves with stones or pour water on it.
Bear in mind, final product may look differently. The manufacturer reserves the right to unilaterally without notifying the customer to change the color and final design of the products