300D Oxford: advantages and features
Many people are familiar with the word cloth, since it was previously used for sewing men's shirts. Today, its scope of use has expanded significantly, because modern options have come a long way of refinement and adjustments. The main goal was the desire to extend the life of the product, and experts succeeded.
General characteristics of modern cloth
The fabric known today belongs to the category of mixed materials. Nylon and polyester fibers used for the manufacture of canvases ensure a long service life. The material is woven on a special machine, then shrinks and forms.
To indicate the density of oxford, people use dens; these are units of measurement, the range of which is from 150 to 1800 D. The thickness depends on the specified parameter, as well as how rough and durable the material will be. Additional processing allows to make fireproof, water-repellent or chemical-resistant cloth.
Oxford 300D is preferred for making tents, and there are quite enough good reasons for such a decision:
- dense and water-repellent material allows you to comfortably spend time outdoors in the rain;
- thick silk can be dyed any color, so the number of options is unlimited;
- opportunity of additional processing, such as applying prints, lamination and creasing.
Such a product is becoming more and more popular, because the quality is unquestionable. Manufacturers are increasingly drawing the attention of tourists to the exceptional characteristics, which are confirmed in practice. The wide distribution of products allows you to choose the RBM.
Main advantages of the new product
The choice of series cannot be considered random as it took time to learn the true characteristics of new fabric. Experiments with the addition of fibers were successful, so today you have an opportunity to purchase a high-quality product for your needs.
Buying a durable tent will help you avoid common problems and enjoy comfort regardless of the weather. High density not only improves comfort but also increases the weight. The popularity of thick silk is due to its several advantages:
- Wide colour palette. The oxford can be described as flawless. The choice of colour doesn’t affect the surface smoothness and other important visual properties.
- Excellent tactile performance. Thanks to the processing, it was possible to make a soft and nice cloth of low weight. The lightness and anti-static properties make it possible to create versatile fabric.
- Operational characteristics. An important feature of the new product is its long service life. High tensile resistance and resistance to mechanical damage made oxford a favourite material of many tourists.
Usually the cloth is used for sewing essentials (bags, belts) and is prized for its extraordinary abrasion resistance. Travel product manufacturers also decided not to stand aside and create a universal series of products that meet the expectations of buyers.
The release of such products is also due to other properties of the material. Durability and ease of care captivated the owners of oxford-made products. Price, weight and quality are perfectly combined in one item, which will continue to refer to competitive advantages for a long time. Resistance to stretching plays an important role in this.
Thus, products made of the new mixed material are becoming more and more popular. Since density affects the final performance, the fabric of 300D is a versatile option. Low maintenance also has a positive effect on popularity.
James Green said:
The quality is top notch!
Francisco Mcgee said:
Oxford cloth is perfect for all-season camping
Kaisha Neville said:
It is really strong too
Emerson Baird said:
Oxford cloth is the first thing I look for when buying a tent
Justin Mills said:
Tents made of 300d oxford cloth are way more durable