12 Person Tents For Camping
Get to know our 12 person tents better
|Tent design||Cabin tent|
|Capacity (maximum accommodations in sleeping bags)||8|
|Capacity with tent stove (for winter camping)||4|
|Recommended Tent stove||"Caminus M"|
With a large camping tent, you can make your trip a truly wonderful experience. By providing enough space and many useful features, a 12 person camping tent allows each of your companions to relax and feel comfortable during recreation.
12 Person Tent — Mobile House You Can Live In
Designed for large groups, a 12 man tent usually provides you with separate rooms, big living space, and comfortable sleeping spaces. Also, with excellent ventilation (for cool air in and hot air out), convenient storage options, and weather resistance, it becomes a real mobile house for enjoyable camping.
Which Type of 12 Man Tent to Choose?
Some of the popular large tents are:
Cabin style tent — has vertical walls and center height, thus giving more space.
Dome tent — has less headroom, but is the most durable tent style, which is great for harsh weather.
Instant tent — a 12 person instant tent provides an easy setup within minutes. Also, there is a 12 person instant cabin tent, which combines the benefits of both types.
Best 12 Person Tent
12 person tent is about the space. In such large shelters, you can set everything up just like you want to. You can even use a queen size mattress inside and still have space. Made of durable materials with a well-planned structure, a quality tent is created to make you feel comfortable in every situation during camping.
🏕 How many square feet is a 12 person tent?
12 people tent may have a different size, but usually, it is 150-300 square feet of floor space.
📦 How much space do you need per person in a tent?
Generally, about 20 square feet per person who will be sleeping in the tent is enough.
💡 How do I choose a family camping tent?
To choose a 12 person family tent it is worth paying attention to such criteria as:
- ➔ Living and sleeping areas. A spacious tent is always preferable.
- ➔ Multiple doors. With additional doors, you will have easy access to the tent, which is great for camping with kids.
- ➔ Tent form. 12 person cabin tents have straight walls and central high, which is more comfortable.
- ➔ Tent features. These can be vestibule, gear loft, separate rooms, or room dividers.
- ➔ Fabric. Full coverage rainfly and waterproof tent will give you weather protection.
- ➔ Ventilation. With an adjustable air intake vent to take cool air, there will be a comfortable climate inside, especially when summer camping.
- ➔ Durability and tent poles. It is an advantage when the tent has aluminum or steel poles, as these are strong and durable.
🔦 Which tent is good for winter?
For cold weather camping, it is worth considering all-season tents with stoves, which give you a warm inside. You can try our "Hexagon" tent.