8 Person Tents
Get to know our 8 person tents better
|Tent design||Cabin tent|
|Capacity (maximum accommodations in sleeping bags)||8|
|Capacity with tent stove (for winter camping)||4|
|Recommended Tent stove||"Caminus L"|
Have you ever gone camping with a large group? Camping in the wild can be an amazing family holiday and memorable outdoor adventure for your kids, or a good time spent car camping with a bunch of your best mates. It’s a no-brainer that for this kind of camping, the number one gear in your list should be a reliable 8 person tent that will provide enough room for up to 8 people. If you don’t know what to start choosing your tent with, you’re in the right place. We’ve prepared a quick guide to select an 8 man tent that will best meet your needs and requirements.
Top Tips on How to Choose an 8 Man Tent
1. Consider the season in which you’re going to use your 8 person tent
Basically, tents are divided into categories according to their seasonality. One-season tents are suitable only for use in the tropical climate. They are breathable but aren’t able to withstand windy or wet weather. You can use a two-season tent in spring and fall, they are a bit stronger and waterproof so can survive light rain and moderate wind. Three-season tents are designed for spring, summer, and fall: they are durable enough to shelter you from wind, rain, or very light snow. Finally, four-season tents are perfect for all-year-round use. We recommend getting a four-season 8 person tent even if you plan to go winter camping once or a few times.
2. Think of the most suitable tent design
The most popular designs of 8 person tents include cabin tents and dome tents. A cabin tent typically features tall walls and its ceiling gradually descends from the center, allowing for more space. In contrast, a dome tent has a ceiling that slopes down from the center more steeply.
3. Go for easy setup
When you’re about to buy an 8 person tent, watch videos of people pitching this or a similar tent. Thus you can make sure that you won’t get the one that will cause you unnecessary troubles when you’re on a family camping trip. Also, pay attention to an 8 person instant cabin tent or dome tent, designed for a quick and easy setup.
4. Other essential features of the best 8 person tent
Besides capacity, size, seasonality and style, there are some more key aspects you should look for in 8 man tents:
More than one entrance
A place for a stove (for cold weather camping).
Meet Our Best 8 Person Tent
We are proud to present our best 8 person camping tent Hexagon. With a length of 184" and height of 83”, this comfortable family tent offers enough room for a medium height person to stand upright inside it. You’ll love the easy setup of this instant tent 8 person. Without a doubt, Hexagon is a star among our camping tents. It can be used in any weather, and was designed with your safety and comfort in mind. High quality materials, three entrances, and lots of sleeping and storage space will make it your favourite wildlife shelter.
🏕 How long does it take to set up an 8 person tent?
- It depends on the type of terrain, weather, your experience and skills; however, it normally takes 10 to 20 minutes.
📦 What are tips for camping with large groups?
- Make sure you bring enough tents to accommodate all the participants.
- Plan your meals in advance and bring enough food.
- Share responsibilities.
- Assign a leader.
- Keep track of expenses.
💡 How do you arrange a campsite for 8 persons?
- First, find a good site. Go for an area that’s free of roots and rocks, and has healthy trees that can protect your campsite from winds and provide shade. Plan your campsite: think where the tent(s) will go and designate places for campfire, camp kitchen, and trash (at a distance of at least 20 ft. from tour tents and kitchen). Keep your food in bags and hang it up so that animals can’t reach it.
❓ What do you need for a successful camping trip?
- The success of your camping trip depends on how well you are prepared. So make sure you select the right tent, sleeping bag, clothes, and footwear as well as bring enough food. Don’t forget to bring a first aid kit and carefully plan your water consumption.